Monday, March 16, 2009

What to know about Athlete’s Foot and the household mold that causes it

Submit to
America is becoming a very unsanitary place with more than half of all homes and businesses harboring hundreds of different species of mold and bacteria. It is surprising that with these statistics we do not see more cases of athlete’s foot and jock itch but then again, most that have been infected by these bacteria are unaware that they have it. Athlete’s foot is commonly misdiagnosed as ring worm to be cured with a useless cream, what you may not know is that the process of cleaning your feet before applying the cream is what heals your infection.

Athlete’s foot is a communicable disease transmitted from human to human and in some cases even animal to human. It is caused by a parasite fungus that attaches itself to a host and deteriorates the skin in which it has attached itself. Commonly found on the bottom of the feet and between the toes. The beginning stages of athlete’s foot involve itching and redness between the toes and soles of the feet. Blistering and small bumps will be present and will resemble ringworm. If the athlete’s foot is not properly taken care of the blisters will begin to crack and the skin will peel which can become very painful and uncomfortable. In some cases the feet and toes will begin to bleed and become subjected to a second infection that can result in amputation.

Athlete’s foot is common in adult males and teens as well as anyone with a low immune system. This infection can be spread through direct contact with someone infected with these bacteria and is found in showers, around pools, locker rooms and anywhere that people walk around with bare feet. This parasite can also be spread by scratching and can often travel to the genital areas resulting in jock itch.

To cure and prevent athlete’s foot you should always keep your feet clean and dry by regularly washing your feet including between toes and under toe nails with an antibacterial soap. Make sure that your feet are completely dry before putting on socks and shoes by sprinkling baby powder inside your shoes and socks as well as all over your feet to absorb the moisture. If your feet begin to sweat or your feet are exposed to moisture remove your shoes and socks immediately to allow your feet to dry and put on fresh socks and shoes.

If you believe that you have athlete’s foot you should take the proper measures to protect your feet from this fungus taking over. Seek medical attention if your symptoms do not go away or if they re appear. To find out more on how you can prevent household mold in your home from taking over visit:
Certified Mold Removal Specialist
Certified Mold Inspections
East Coast Mold Specialists
Mold Inspections

More than 50% of all homes in America are growing mold and many people are becoming sick from this mold without even knowing. The mold in your bathroom alone can cause athlete's foot, jock itch, asthma and even cancer!
I had a mold inspection done on my home last year and found out that I had black mold in my home - one of the most dangerous types of mold. My home is only three years old so just think about the mold that can be growing in an older home.

These websites give you allot of great information on mold and the best ways to remove the mold in your home. I would recommend to everyone to have a mold inspection done on their homes to ensure the safety of their family and pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment