Thursday, June 25, 2009

Mold Removal NYC-Is mold as dangerous as they say it is

Is mold as dangerous as they say it is? By Michael Lawrence Reed

Is mold really as dangerous as people say it is? Is my health really at risk if I’m exposed to mold? Are my children at a greater risk? If you have asked yourself any of these questions, the answers are yes, yes and definitely yes! Mold is not something to take lightly and its affects are greater than you may think. Constant exposure to mold can lead to damage to the respiratory, immune and neurological systems. Mold will also slowly destroy your home if not removed as soon as possible.

Before we discuss the effects mold may have on the body and your property, let us answer the question, ‘What is mold?’ Molds are forms of fungi that can be found both indoor and outdoor all year long. Molds reproduce by producing tiny spores; these spores float through the air continuously. When these spores land on damp areas indoors, they begin growing and digesting the material they have landed on as a means of survival. Although it can grow during cold weather, mold growth is heightened by warm and humid conditions. Most mold forms found indoors comes from an outside source, unless, there are other factors involved such as water damage or high humidity. Situations such as flooding, plumbing and roof leaks, and damp basements can be catalysts for mold. When excessive moisture accumulates indoors, it usually results in mold growth. Most mold growth isn’t visual as it grows from inside the walls towards the surface. Sometimes mold leaves a very noticeable scent, but visually will be undetectable.

Being exposed to mold can lead to many side effects. Some of these side affects are minor while some are very severe. Some people can be in a room contaminated with high levels of mold spores and have no reaction whatsoever while others may only have to step into that room to feel an affect. Symptoms of overexposure to mold are coughing, congestion, runny nose, eye irritation such as itching or burning, fatigue, headaches, nausea and flu-like symptoms to name a few. Long term exposure to mold can cause or worsen asthma and hay fever (rashes, fatigue and headaches) as well as cause dizziness, eczema, chronic fatigue, persistent headaches and in some cases memory loss.

There are certain types of people that are more susceptible to health affects caused by mold exposure than others. These individuals usually have one if not more of these factors: Those who have a weak immune system (Those who go through chemotherapy), people who are very old or very young, women who are pregnant, and individuals with respiratory issues. Children in particular have an adverse reaction to mold. The child’s developing immune system is not strong enough to fight off airborne mold spores and other contaminants, causing a serious health hazard to newborns and the like.

Mold can damage the structural support of a building or dwelling. Mold can grow on support beams and other integral parts of a building structure. Once mold has infested enough areas on these structures, these beams and foundations will break and the damage will be extensive, causing you to have to pay enormous home repair fees. Mold isn’t just a hazard to your health but also your own financial future.

We at Five Boro Mold Specialist, Inc. pride ourselves on helping hundreds of families overcome their mold situations for over a decade. Our certified mold technicians can give you a peace of mind with their thorough evaluation in order to determine the most effective way to get rid of the silent killer in your home. Our inspections consist of the extraction of air cassette samples from both indoor and outdoor for comparison as well as swab samples from surfaces in your home. With these samples, our lab can then determine the type of mold as well as the severity of the growth. We use state of the art technology such as infrared cameras and moisture readers to detect any areas of excess moisture that may have resulted in mold growth. Our technicians will be able to provide you with a fully detailed report explaining the lab results, interpreting the moisture readings and providing a treatment process necessary to eliminate the mold in your home as well as prevent any future growth. This report will be able to give you a full understanding of what has been happening to your home. Our staff is extremely knowledgeable and experienced in mold remediation and treats each home on a unique basis, providing you and your loved ones with a clean and healthy environment. Once the mold is removed, you will be surprised how quickly your symptoms will disappear.

You can contact us at 1-888-526-7691 or at Please don’t wait any longer, your health, the health of your family, and the condition of your home depends on it.

Submit to
Mold inspections NYC-mold remediation nyc,mold removal services nyc,mold inspections nyc

No comments:

Post a Comment